Wondering how to gain weight quickly?
Most of the time we also come across people who are slim and want to gain more weight to look healthier and active. Getting rid of your slimness and gaining weight quickly and naturally does not cost you a lot of time and money. Before understanding the details and learning more about the same, let us first understand the meaning of being or staying underweight.
If your body weight is not in correspondence with your BMI or when the body weight is lesser than the average body weight required. The underweight BMI is usually considered to be 18.5 while people weight over 25 or 30 are considered overweight. However, the measure of BMI does not indicate any kind of disease or health issues that an individual is dealing with. Besides, the ratio of underweight is found more in females than the male counterparts and most of the females and males gain weight after marriage.
Disadvantages Of Being Underweight
Being underweight is as bad as being overweight. A recent study suggests that there is a 100% risk of death in men and a 140% risk of death in women if you are underweight. Another study suggests that an underweight male is at a higher risk of death than a female. This also implies that being underweight for men is more problematic than as compared to females. Men and women will lose weight and can cause diseases like sarcopenia. In sarcopenia, muscle wasting takes place as per the age.
Things That Cause You Underweight
Underweight is caused due to multiple reasons like:
- Disordered Eating Plan: If your meal consumption is disordered, it causes multiple mental diseases like anorexia, etc.
- Hyperthyroidism: Thyroid is also caused when you are underweight and it enhances metabolism which acts as a catalyst in making you underweight.
- Gluten Intolerance: Being underweight also causes diseases like celiac; which is a condition where people do not know what they have done or what they have.
- Sugar Disease: Patients who are diagnosed with diabetes also start to lose weight quickly.
- Cancer Tumors: When a person is diagnosed with cancer, the tumour starts to fetch a lot of calories and proteins; therefore weight starts to lose quickly.
- Other Diseases: Diseases like HIV/AIDS, Parasites, or any chronic illness can also cause weight loss.
It is always recommended to consult a medical professional to find out the root cause of being underweight and deal with it promptly.
Ways To Gain Weight
While trying to gain weight, it is suggested not to hurry and just follow the right things. Relying on carbonated or soda drinks, sweet bakery products, fast foods, junk, etc can make it worse. However, these tricks can help you gain weight but decrease your health largely. Sometimes we also come across people with average weight but have been diagnosed with diseases like cancer, heart, and diabetes; therefore exercise plays a crucial role too.
Let us look at the healthy ways to gain weight quickly:
1) We should always ensure that the calories taken are more than the calories consumed by our body. If we are working towards gaining weight effectively; a calorie calculator can also be helpful in such cases and assist us in tracking our calorie intake. For effective weight gain, it is recommended a daily calorie surplus ranging from 500-800 above the maintenance calories based on your height, weight, gender, and lifestyle.
2) Protein is highly recommended for helping in weight gain. It helps in building strong body muscles and gaining weight due to extra calories without proteins. It is suggested to mark your protein intake from 0.7 to 1 gm each day if you are in the process of weight gain.
3) Start the use of carbohydrates and intake your meals 3-4 times each day.
When individuals want to lose weight, they do not use fat and carbs; however, it is a good idea to start its intake when planning to enhance your weight. It is always recommended to start a diet intake minimum of 3-4 times each day comprising enough carbs, proteins, and fatty foods.
4) Delicious food ingredients are a good way to help with weight gain. Start including tasty ingredients like different sauces, salts, mustard powder, etc. with your fatty foods and carbohydrates. Tasty and energetic food sources help you eat more thereby aiding in the process of weight gain. Below are some examples of Energy-Dense Foods:
- Pistachios, Almonds, Gummy Bears and Chia Seeds are Nuts.
- Dates, Dried Peaches, raisins, and others are Dried Fruit examples.
- Cream, Milk, Cheese, and Yogurt are examples of high-fat dairy.
- Soybean oil, Olive oil, Coconut oil, and Corn oil are examples of fats and oils.
- Flour Wheat, Brown Rice, and Oatmeal are examples of Grains.
- Goat Meat, Beef Meat, and Lamb Meat are examples of meat.
- Sweet Potatoes and potatoes are examples of Tubers.
An effective and healthy process of weight gain requires a surplus calorie intake, foods rich in nutrients, frequent meal plans, calibrated protein intake, adept strength training, smart snacking, adept hydration, and proper sleep. Your plan needs to go with patience and consistency, crucial professional guidance is very helpful for gradual and sustainable results. Prioritize your health and start working towards your target weight and long-term success immediately.